Executive Flight Academy offers a highly competitive EASA-approved ATPL (Air Transport Pilot License) training, while keeping the costs as low as possible. You can start training at EFA at any moment. To become an Air Transport Pilot you need between 18 and 24 months of training, depending on your availability, monthly budget, effort, and abilities. You will be leaving the academy with a “frozen ATPL” license. This license allows you to apply for a position at any airline. After gathering more experience with an airline you will be given a skill test there to finally earn your full ATPL license.
Our modular ATPL trainings are flexible tailored to your needs. Therefore you can easily coordinate your flight training with a second study, work, or your family life.
✓ You can start at any moment. We accommodate your availability and your budget.
✓ You determine the pace of your training depending on the time and finances you can allocate towards your license.
✓ You can decide when to schedule flights, coaching sessions, and theory lessons – weekends are possible too.
✓ You are not committed to pay the entire education at once, but are able to “pay as you go”.
ATPL Course Structure
The ATPL course begins with practical flight lessons. We believe that this has a positive effect on the motivation and learning curve of our PPL and ATPL students. During your education towards a frozen Air Transport Pilot License you will proceed as follows:
- Assessment (Optional, not included)
- Private Pilot License (PPL) 45 hours
- Pilot In Command (PIC) “hour building” 100 hours + ATPL theory 65 hours + Night Qualification (NQ) 5 hours
- Single Engine Instrument Rating (IR) 50 hours
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL) 15 hours
- Multi Engine Piston rating (MEP) 11 hours
- In a combined CPL-MEP-IR training the three above-mentioned ratings can be completed concurrently with a DA-42 twin engine airplane & SIM. The price is the same, but you save time.
- Multi Crew Coordination Course (MCC) 20 hours
- Jet Orientation Course (JOC) 10 hours (optional, not necessary/included)
Your progress will be rewarded with separate licenses or ratings for each stage you complete.
Download this PDF with a summarized overview of our ATPL training.
ATPL Theory Education
Executive Flight Academy’s theory education consists of a unique combination of distance learning, classroom instruction, and a “brush-up” where we combine the best of both worlds.
EFA uses Scandinavian Airline Academy’s (SAA) digital classroom, which allows you to get a large portion of the work load done at home, while a specialized team of Ground Instructors answers each and every question within 48 hours. That allows us to cut the in-class lessons down to 65 from 650, and it allows you to save time, travel, and accommodation costs.
This post is also available in: Dutch